AW Childs are delighted to offer for sale an exceptional two double bedroom, two bathroom apartment in one of the most prestigious developments in Clerkenwell. The property offers approximately 1068 sq ft of exceptional living space, a spacious bright and airy reception room leading out on to a fantastic private patio area, separate fully fitted kitchen, master bedroom with modern ensuite a further double bedroom and family bathroom.
The buildings communal areas include a significant sized ballroom foyer, elaborate marble staircases, landscaped gardens with barbecue areas, an on-site gym, seven day concierge service and use of the Oak Room with its beautiful late Renaissance interior dating back to the 17th century for private dinner parties or formal meetings.
New River Head is conveniently located on Rosebery Avenue, close to the many shops and restaurants of Angel/Upper Street and Exmouth Market, as well as Angel Underground station (Northern Line). It is approximately 20 minutes’ walk (or short cycle) to the centre of the City. Access to Farringdon station is quick, with not only the District and Circle lines, but also direct links to Gatwick and Luton and to the City and Heathrow via the upcoming Crossrail line. The Eurostar terminal at King’s Cross is also within easy reach.
The New River was a 40 mile man-made conduit which transported clean drinking water from Amwell in Hertfordshire to the New River Head, which opened in 1613. A Royal Commission of 1897 recommended that London’s water supply system be brought into municipal ownership, and in 1902-4 the assets of the New River Company and the other seven private water companies were taken over by the Metropolitan Water Board (MWB).
In 1913, despite opposition from those who favoured a more central site in Westminster, the MWB decided to build its new headquarters at New River Head which became part of Thames Water in 1973. The northern part of the New River is still an important link in the supply of water to London.
New River Head was listed Grade II by the English Heritage in the 1950s and later converted into a selection of stunning apartments.